Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Halloween Photo Canvas Idea

Halloween is just around the corner!  What better way to celebrate than adding a little bling to table or desk!  My friend, Inger, LOVES Halloween just as much as I do, so I wanted to create a little display for her, designed around her favorite holiday...HALLOWEEN!

Sometimes getting inspired comes by my surrounds, art, music, nature and magazines for me!  I was inspired by last month's Scrapbook Ect. when I saw a project that was used glitter as a background.

I purchased a small canvas 6x6.  Using decoupage as glue, I created 3 layers of orange, lightest on the bottom.  I use the glue and glittered each section at a time, and filling in any missed areas before moving on to the next color block.

Using Little Scraps Of Heaven SVG files called Haunted Graveyard.  I used the Spooky Tree, Bats, and Tombstone templates.  Little Scraps Of Heaven templates can be purchased at : littlescrapsofheavendesigns.com

I used all black cardstock and a scrap of gray to create the tombstones.

After all the pieces were cut, I simply adhered them at different levels using pop dots.  I would recommend to use a little bit of added glue to ensure that your pieces stick better since the glitter will coat the pop dots and prevent a good stick to the canvas.

Once complete, I simply added a little pom pom ribbon around the border of the canvas!  All done!
Now this little BOO-rific canvas can be displayed using a photo/plate holder.

Hope this inspires you to get creative and add a little Halloween Spirit to a table or your desk! 

No comments:

Post a Comment