Monday, August 23, 2010

August 2010 Calendar Insert SPLISH SPLASH

August 2010 CD Calendar Insert "Splish Splash"

What better way to design this month's CD Calender insert celebrating the hottest month in Chicago!  August is all about trying to stay cool in the August heat. Thank goodness for air conditioning or we all with be looking like the California Raisins!

There is nothing like a little SPLISH SPLASH to cool off this summer!  Here I used a stamped image of  a frog sliding in the Water from LV Stamp Company...too cute!  I love froggies!  The stamp image was colored using coloring pencils and a gamisol (sp) rub to smooth and blend the colors.  I continued to cut the outside of my image to the stamped edges.

I cut the background using left over green and aqua scraps.  The paper was already squarely cut so it was a perfect fit for the diamond shaped background.
  
Once glued down, I used the Diamond Glaze to create the wet look of the water.

SPLISH SPLASH!!!  Please celebrate the warm weather with Crabby Cakes and leave a comment!  Let us know how you and your family are keeping cool this month!

Turning Crabby Into Happy!
Bobbi

No comments:

Post a Comment